sexta-feira, 2 de abril de 2010

The Art of Porcelain


"Art has the broadest range of excellence of any nature photographer I know." Galen Rowell

Love painting china during my spare time and takes me away from this real world. I feel grateful to have the chance of presenting people with my don and just make me feel in ecstasy when I realize that I have a flair for painting.

The Ceramics, Porcelain, and Pottery art has a long history all over the world, but it was invented in China around 7900 B.C. Amount of pieces of china as plates and bowls have been found in the Neolithic Age.

As we know, the china needs to be fired in a special stove. Simply defined, porcelain is a very refined type of pottery made with very white clay that is fired at an extremely high temperature. As this kind of equipment wasn´t used in Ancient times, the most of ceramics forms discovered were put into the sun to dry, that makes it not very durable, and just some of broken pieces exist nowadays.

I have learned on my own, but later found necessary to take some personal classes to improve it which I made it with Mrs. Maria Luiza, in Fortaleza - Brasil.

I feel so pleased for that. Nice eh?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário